Apply for a Grant
All AFC grants are limited to not-for-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) entities that serve Cleveland and Cuyahoga County, Ohio, USA. Organizations and individuals without 501(c)(3) status may apply for funds with the support of another 501(c)(3)-designated entity agreeing to serve as fiscal sponsor.
Discretionary grantmaking through the AFC is designed to provide a supplemental funding opportunity for a short-term or one-time HIV/AIDS-related need in the community. Each request is limited to $5,000. Additional information can be found in our discretionary grant policy. Applications are reviewed by AFC staff and approved by the AFC Advisory Committee Chair. The discretionary grant policy with application guidance can be found here or below under Standard Forms.
Responsive grants are made through an annual Request for Applications (RFA) based on a set of funding priorities intended to fill gaps and build capacity in the community. The annual RFA is released during the 2nd quarter of the year with 1-year grant awards beginning on October 1st.
The full 2020 Responsive Grants Request for Applications (RFA) can be found by clicking here, and all accompanying documents and forms can be found below under Standard Forms. The 2020 funding priority areas include:
- HIV care and support services, including those aligned with Ryan White categories;
- HIV prevention services, especially harm reduction and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP); and
- Community-led and neighborhood-based HIV programming focused on zip codes and networks in greatest need
Targeted grants are strategic, often multi-year partnerships with the community and are made on a rolling basis. As needs are identified, the AFC invites agencies to submit a proposal, which is subject to review by the full AFC Advisory Committee. Targeted grants have historically ranged from $5,000 to $100,000.
Following are commonly used application forms and guidance:
- 2020 Responsive Grants Request for Applications (RFA)
- 2020 Letter of Intent (LOI) Form
- 2020 Cover Page Form
- Budget template
- AFC Overhead Policy
- Responsive Grants Review Criteria
- 2020 Responsive Grants RFA Technical Assistance Meeting Notes
- AFC Discretionary Grant Policy